Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Birthday to me -- My birthday dress

In case you missed it...today is my 53rd birthday! I love birthdays...mine especially. I am shamelessly accepting gifts of fabric, notions and any unwanted BWOF (as if that's even possible)! And without further ado, here's my birthday dress McCall's 6069.


This dress went together incredibly fast. I guess that's why there are so many reviews of it on PR.



I used the front bodice for View C as my back. I should have given that a little more thought and redrafted it because I have a wide back and needless to say, it's feeling a little weird. Thank goodness the fabric is a knit. As long as you can't see my "back fat" I can live with it. All in all I like it and have something else to wear with my now favorite belt. FYI I added 2" to the length of the skirt and was still only able to turn up a 1/2" hem. I also added 1" to the bodice front and back.

27 comments:

  1. You look so very chic! Happy birthday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! You look lovely. Have a blessed Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday and your dress looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to you in your fabulous dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and happy birthday! I just popped over after seeing this dress on Angela's blog. It has been so popular! Your's is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great! Have a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, love the fabric, belt, shoes and bag. Happy Birthday again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday. You are rockin' that dress! I hope your day is fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday. You look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your dress! You look gorgeous. Wishing you the Happiest Birthday ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Lady! You looks so FABULOUS! Hope your day is special! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very happy birthday to you. Your dress looks totally fabulous - just right for a celebration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday. You are looking fabulous and prettyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look fantastic. You just reminded me of yet another reason I'm glad that I sew. When else can one dress depending on fabric choice and styling look fantastic on beautiful women across the age span?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday, you gorgeous, fabulous vamp! That dress looks beautiful, and love, love, love your wig!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday! A classy girl in a pretty classy dress.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday! And to paraphrase Gloria Steinheim, this is what 53 looks like! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday Dear and the dress looks gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great looking dress! Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy birthday! The dress is fabulous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  21. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVE!!! I hope you had a fabulous day as I KNOW you did. And your dress is fabulous!! I may even try that pattern myself.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your idea! I won't spill the beans, but you are wonderful. Shoot me an email on my yahoo account at sdavis05401

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another amazing dress! Everything about it is great and it makes me long to be able to wear a belt! *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy belated birthday, gorgeous lady! Although the dress was simple to make, you add more sophistication and glamour. You are rockin' this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the dress. It looks fabulous on you.

    ReplyDelete