Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The home stretch of McCalls 5859

I'm in the home stretch of sewing my jacket. Everything went together easily and my bound buttonholes came out just fine.



The only thing left to do cut and stitch the facing behind the buttonholes, hand stitch the sleeve lining into place, sew on the buttons and give it good steaming. I do have to remove one of the pockets and resew it before I sew the sleeve lining. One pocket is terribly off and I'm not going to try and fool myself into thinking no one would notice!

6 comments:

  1. It is coming together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the yellow and navy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait until I can sew something like that. You and the other bloggers are truly an inspiration to beginners like me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jacket is looking good. I'd love to see how you got it to fit. I tried working on this pattern last year and had to put it aside due to fit. I'm looking forward to seeing the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dark piping and the buttonholes. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete