Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Lots of progress on McCalls 5859

I'm on a roll and have made amazing progress on my jacket.


Now that I have the sleeves on the and side seams actually sewn, the pockets don't look so bad after all. I've got most of the lining sewn and as I always do, I added some decorative stitching to it. The lining fabric is crepe back satin.





I am going to make bound buttonholes. Here's my practice one.


It's not perfect because I forgot to add interfacing to my "garment" fabric. The fabric I'm using for the buttonholes is some leftover wool crepe from my stash. The buttons are from my stash. Don't know how long I've had them but they were marked with a .25 clearance tag...oh yeah!

6 comments:

  1. This is looking really good and yes you do need a version of B5147 to go with this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making great progress on your jacket, I love the color with the trim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's a first - the decorative stitching on the lining that is. I've really never seen anything like it. I love it though! Do you have an embroidery machine?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faye I do have an embroidery machine but the design is not embroidered it's just one of the built-in decorative stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is looking fantastic. I'll have to look carefully at this pattern.

    ReplyDelete