Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

A no sew weekend

I can't believe I didn't do any sewing this weekend. Friday I finished my $4 2-Panel dress. I spend the rest of the day riding around the city on my Harley just taking in the sites. I did sit in on an open mic at Borders and picked up a few magazines.

Saturday, after an absolutely killer workout, I cleaned the workout room, the kitchen and the garage. In the garage I had to dig through this mess to find a cone of yarn I just know I had.



I found the yarn but all of the yarn you see was in black garbage bags! I decided it would be easier to locate what I need in the future if I used clear bags instead. So I had to transfer each cone. I was in the garage sweating profusely and working like a government mule. My goal for WeightWatchers this week is 1 1/2 lbs...I'm sure I sweated that off. After that workout I was too tired to even think about sewing.

Sunday I went to a friends house and did some card making. When I got home I thought about sewing but it didn't happen. What did happen is I got an idea for a dress. I found a piece of fabric at JoAnns about a week ago of which there was a little over a yard of. I bought it as a remnant. To celebrate my 20 lb weight loss (I hope, after tomorrow weigh-in), I'm going to design/make a dress to show off my smaller curves with this belt. The pattern is McCalls 6112.



Hopefully you'll be able to have a peek at the dress tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. First of all congrats on the weight loss. You don't lose 20 lbs. without a lot of dedication.

    OMG on all those cones. Great idea to switch to the clear bags. That should make finding what you are looking for a tad bit easier.

    I can't wait to see the dress you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the weight loss! Sounded like you had a great weekend. Wow thats a lot of yarn but you we could never have enough! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy weekend. Can't wait to see the new dress. Congradulations on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Wee! Look at all that yarn! :D Do you know how many pairs of socks you can make with all that :D [I remember that you make wonderful socks]

    That belt is really cute. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete