Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Friday Night Sew In - McCalls 5859

What was I thinking. I should have picked something easy for the Friday Night Sew In but no, I had to pick something that will take days to finish.

This is what I have so far. I'm making the pink version but am using piping as in the multicolor version. One good thing about making the longer sleeve version is I don't too much have to worry about fitting the sleeve into the armhole. Since the sleeve cap is gathered, it will be super easy. I think bound buttonholes would add a designer touch but this polyester linen is very loosely woven and would probably give me fits. I'll practice on some scraps first and then decide.



Is is just me or do these seem to be the tiniest pockets on the planet?? Believe it or not I added 1" to the width as I wanted to try to balance them with the FBA I made.


I'm sure I'll be working on this for the rest of the week so stay tuned. Smooches!

10 comments:

  1. oooh, this looks difficult to make, but I know you can do it justice. I LOVe the sleeves on the pink version.

    Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a difficult one.... I am sure it will take days for me to finish... Good luck and hope to see the finished version soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. I am in awe of the details. And not to mention that I love it as well. I would totally wear this!

    I'm glad you were able to make so much progress Friday night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking good far! And I didn't realize that you had to finish the garment on Friday night? I thought the sew-in was just to encourage you to spend an evening sewing. Anyway, I'm sure that you will finish this up because it has some amazing details. What's going to go with it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn I was thinking a LBD would go great with this. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We got this pattern when it was on sale. Probably way over my head but we will get there. Yours looks great. Can't wait to see it when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know exactly what you mean when you choose a blouse that require so much work. You are in great company, I choose to do window treatment for my dining room windows a total of 12 panels, fully lined. Oh well, I still love the idea of using Friday nights to get some sewing done. The blouse is comming along nicely and a black dress will be perfect for the blouse/jacket with the black piping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks delightful. Getting piping to align perfectly with the hem is tricky but the details are well worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The jacket is really nice and I'm sure your's will be wonderful when you're done with it. I'm liking it already.
    I thought about hopping on the Friday night sew in night..didn't know it had to be completed on that same night tho. I'll have to cut my pattern/pin/cut in order to keep up.

    ReplyDelete