Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Bedroom redecorating progress

I did manage to get the ceiling painted last night but after seeing it in the light of day, I'll have to go over some spots. Did I mention that I ache all over? I did golf yesterday but painting that ceiling had me using muscles that had gone into retirement. Where's the Motrin. Everyday the husband comes in, while I'm faking sleep, and gives it the "once over." He didn't think I was going to do it. I sort of understand why.

Since my cancer in 2009 I have be almost devoid of energy. I think the radiation really did something to my energy level. About a month ago I noticed I was starting to feel like my old self. I knew I was getting better when I again wanted to plant flowers for the summer. I hadn't done any planting since 2008. I did get my flowers in and have graduated on to other projects I'd been putting off. Then came the idea to re-do my bedroom which is where I am now.

I purchased this set yesterday. I've always wanted a sleigh bed. I absolutely fell in love with this set. My new furniture is set to be delivered on the 18th which gives me plenty of time to finish the painting and the carpet removal. One thing I noticed while furniture shopping is that all of the woods are so dark.






I'll be in "home-dec" sewing mode soon because I am making a "duvet" cover for an existing set and will also make pillows and shams to match. Hopefully by the end of the month everything will be back where it belongs because the mess is starting to drive me bonkers!

5 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing the fabric that you'll be using. Great furniture choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling like your younger self again. You'll love having a super clean room to put your new furnishings in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sewing new bed fabric will be fun! Your new room will be exactly what you want. Hope the painting body aches disappear soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your plans and that new bedroom suite. Your room is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bedroom set and nice to hear you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete