Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Pajama pants for hubby -- Simplicity 2821

I was supposed to make these for his birthday last month...but what can I say. I don't like sewing for other people. I have to be in the mood to sew for someone else and yesterday was the day.

Pattern Description:
Misses', men's and teens' pajamas
Pattern Sizing:
XS-XL all in same envelope
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, but I am particularly impressed with how I matched the pattern. (Pictures aren't that great because he was being very uncooperative!)


Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes, the instructions are super easy
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
There's nothing to dislike...they're pajamas!
Fabric Used:
$1.50 a yard flannel from Walmart
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
There are only three pieces to this pattern and the pant leg bands could be easily eliminated. These are for my husband and knowing how he is, I decided to add a fly front like on RTW.


I used a small piece of interfacing on the extenstion for the fly. On the right front I folded the fly in half and stitched it down then added one snap. I made the elastic casing 1 1/2" wide and used a non-roll elastic. The elastic doesn't extend all the way to the ends of the waistband casing. It ends at the top stitching for the fly fronts. That allowed me to be able to attach a snap like RTW.



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
He loves them and is already expecting more. It took me longer to locate my Dritz gripper fastener than it did to sew the pants!
Conclusion:
These are super fast and easy and would be a wonderful first project for a beginning sewer.

9 comments:

  1. I know he is loving that you made him something. He looks great in his pajama pants. Nice job.

    To answer your question that you left me yesterday. No, I don't need another hobby, but that's never stopped me before. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pajama pants!!! I like how you strayed away from the pattern and implemented your changes:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pjs and modifications. I see only one problem here, he has on the wrong tshirt. I think he needs to get out the green and white one with the big "S" on it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice pjs and I'm totally with you on sewing for other people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DH has begged me to sew for him a bunch of times but I find men's clothes soooooooo boring to make. If he ever asks for a tailored suit, however, I'm all over that! You may just have shamed me into making DH his shirt that he's been wanting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are terrific pj pants. It's not too soon to start sewing for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well done - they look RTW to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice PJ pants. I'm laughing because I know that look that he has on his face. LOL His whole stance is like "here, are you a happy now." heheee Lovely job, and I really should try this for my hubs too, he seems to have out grown all of his PJs. Sometimes I get a really good giggle when he puts them on. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so RTW. The fly is perfect.

    ReplyDelete