Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

I didn't think my week could get any better...

This has been a great week for me. Healthwise I am feeling absolutely FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC! I was totally surprised by all the nice comments I go on my halter dress and really appreciate them. Thanks. It makes me feel really good. I lost 3.8 lbs this week for a total of 11.2 lbs and got a blue ribbon at Weight Watchers. I'm not really caught up on the number but what is truly amazing is that I'm losing inches like you wouldn't believe! And finally the IRS saw fit to finally send my federal return...I'm in the money! I just didn't think it could get any better 'til Andrea over at Knit-Knac sent me this...



Sewing bloggers are simply the best. Thanks so much Andrea.

About the halter dress, several people suggested I could wear a convertible bra with it but I can't...I tried. The keyhole opening prevents any kind of bra from being worn. I guess I could sew the keyhole closed but I really like the detail. My husband still insists I can get by without a bra but did mention I'd better not even think of wearing it to church!

Here's a parting shot of my shoulders. Not a good one because I was trying to take the photos myself. On my way back from PA the weather was absolutely gorgeous, so like most bikers, I abandoned my jacket for a sleeveless tank top. MISTAKE! If you look closely you can see the skin peeling from my shoulders. Can you say sunburn?? I've never been sunburned in my life. It doesn't hurt and I didn't even realize it was peeling until I had my purse on my shoulder. Lesson learned. Don't ride a motorcycle in the blazing sun without either sunblock SPF 60 or long sleeves!

9 comments:

  1. Cool book! Are you trying a hand at figure drawing? That's so funny that you've never had a sunburn - welcome to my world - I've never had a tan - only sunburns!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I've never burned either lol. Does it hurt??

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great book! I think the halter dress looks great, and congratulations on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you've had a great week. You deserve it my dear lady. you have been through h___ and back a couple of times over the past year or so. You do look awesome in that dress. I didn't used to sunburn, but I sure do now. I used to have olive skin like my daddy's American Indian skin, but my mom's Irish blood is starting to come through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're lucky. I got sunburned once and it hurt like HELL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the weight loss. Are you exercising? Continued good health to you. Man, I wish I could draw garments. My drawings look like stick figures! Sunburn= ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gwensews, I can't draw worth crap. I hope the book gives me some pointers. The sunburn doesn't hurt at all. If not for the peeling skin I wouldn't even know it was burned. I should have because my shoulders are a shade of brown I've never seen on myself before. Yes, I am exercising. I'm doing weights and step aerobics at least three times a week for 90 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you like the book. I have a copy for myself so I'll be giving it a try in the near future. As for the sunburn, I'm glad it doesn't hurt. I had sunburn once. Got it in Florida. I was so use to the sun in New Jersey, I didn't realize that the Florida sun was much hotter. I didn't use any sunblock and paid for it later. By the way congrats on the weight loss. I am also so happy that you are feeling great right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks/sounds like a wonderful book to have in the sewing library. You are so right the blogging sewists are the best. I've made quite a few purchases based on reviews from the sewing sisterhood.

    Great shot wearing your super cute halter dress. You are right; the keyhole is a great design element and shouldn't be sewn closed. Be free.

    Sunburn. I've burned a few times and it is painful. The worse was in Jamaica. I couldn't stand to shower. Wear sunscreen.

    ReplyDelete