Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Friday Night Sew-In Dress

I participated in the Friday Night Sew-In and used my favorite knit dress pattern of all time, McCalls 5423, to create this dress. It looks much better on but I didn't I'm not in the mood to get all dolled up and strut my stuff--I promise to later this week.



I got the neckline drape idea from this top I made, Butterick 5138, only I shaped the pattern piece differently and it's isn't as deep.

These are the other versions of the same dress, neither of which look like the actual pattern!



15 comments:

  1. I just love that fabric! And it even looks better made up into the dress. Cant wait to see you in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I ♥ that dress! And the necklace is fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dress! the altered neckline looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, nice move with the neckline. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're getting a lot of mileage out of that pattern. Terrific dress! How did you manage to have a necklace that perfectly matches the fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I love that print! I can't believe you did that all in one day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress is just beautiful!!!
    You do great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly had a productive Friday Night. Love that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is a great fabric! Good idea for the neckline drape. Great fabric and interesting design detail...sounds like a go-to dress to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely dress! I like the colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow.. they look awesome!! I'm so glad you were able to get so much done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. FABULOUS! All of the prints are amazingly pretty, and I love the neckline! And the necklace matches that dress brilliantly.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. pretty dress. These type of projects are the best. I love mixing and matching too. Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete