Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

New Look 6853

I am still moving and managing to sneak in a little sewing everyday. My latest project is New Look 6853. It's the first time I've ever used a NL pattern. The pattern was very easy and had the best instructions for bagging a lining that I have ever seen. The fabric is a rayon polyester blend and was a total PIA to work with. There are strings all over the house.



I added some extra touches like fleece sleeve heads and interfacing and instead of lining to the edge of the front I added a fabric facing because the jacket top wants to flop open and show the wrong side. In all I'm really happy with the jacket. I can envision it with a sheath dress underneath.

I finally took pictures with my latest version of McCall's 5522 and another pair of Painter's Tape Pants. The pants have a side zipper and double welt pockets. Don't you just love a white blouse??



15 comments:

  1. You did a great job on the jacket. I have that pattern and hope to sew it up soon. Love the white blouse & pants ensemble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of it, but that bottom top and bottom combo looks soooooo sheik.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'm working on that jacket right now! Yours is beautiful! I hope mine turns out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mrs. R

    I love the new addition to your wardrobe. Go ahead with your bad self.

    By the way, I saw that comment you left me last night about my costume. Girl, they were calling me Swiss Miss all night, or Coco.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both jacket and blouse are gorgeous. Yes, I just love a white blouse - done right like this one you can't beat it for style. I also love that jacket - great fabric and I really love that curved neckline. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous wardrobe additions. My favorite is the white blouse. Very, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your jacket is very chic. Nice job. I DO love a white blouse. I girl can never have too many white shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of it. I have the pattern you used for the white blouse and when i saw yours I knew I had to make it, it's on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely garment. I love how you are manipulating your photos. Maybe you could share how to do this?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the suit and the top! MY PACKAGE CAME TODAY! Thanks for the extras too. I think that fabric will soon become a cardigan and a matching tank (THE TWINS)! Thank you so much again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Month of Tops Blog is ready to go!
    themonthoftops.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the McCall's white blouse on you. Very figure flattering.

    Re: Jeans
    They were fun to make. I'd never made a pair before so decided to take the BBJ class on Pattern Review. You should make a pair! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the review. The jacket looks great on you. Hope to cut the jacket today.

    ReplyDelete