Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Goldilocks Pants Project--Part II

No matter how hard I tried I couldn't salvage this pair either. Once again the pictures don't show just how terrible they really are. I will admit that the front isn't too bad.






Because I really loved the color of this fabric, I really tried to save them. I took out the darts, changed the shape of the back crotch curve and even added a gusset to the crotch...none of which worked!





The invisible zipper and welt pockets came out perfect...all on a project that is destined to be a wadder!



The light should have come on after seeing the side view of this pair but it didn't!

7 comments:

  1. That's too bad! Sorry the effort didn't work out this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, sometimes it's like that. I love your heels though !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Palmer/Pletsch fitting method that they describe and illustrate very well in their book "Pants for Real People". ( good thing I reread this comment because I first typed "Freak People" !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll get it right because, like me, you are determined to crank out a piece that doesn't scream "crafty". And, you're right, it really doesn't look bad from this view. I've seen some that did. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry that happened to you. But I know that you've got your run way stride on to keep it moving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really too bad that these didn't work for you. I, too, love the color!! Are you all moved in? I've not been able to keep up with blogs as much as I usually do lately. I may have missed one or two of yours. I'm going to go back and look to see if I have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm enjoying your blog! Thanks for sharing.

    Looking at your photos of this version of your pants, I wonder if you trimmed out that crotch seam before trying it on again. If not, you could try that before tossing them....

    ReplyDelete