Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Butterick 5138










I'm working my blouse today. I've got to make several alterations to the pattern before I can cut my fashion fabric. The body is cut on the bias so hard to get a good idea out of muslin but I'm giving it a shot.

I've got to make a small dart on the v-neck in front and in back.


















Then need to make a high-round back adjustment, let out the back underarm seam and I should be good to go! It's not supposed to look like a maternity top!


Since the top is lined using the same pattern pieces, I think I'll cut and sew the lining first. Once I fine-tune the fit of the lining I'll use the lining as the pattern for the fashion fabric. Sometimes...I think I'm a genius!

2 comments:

  1. That's going to be really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so dedicated to do a muslin first... I can never be bothered! I think it'll be beautiful once you finish.

    Anyway, just want you to know I"m keeping you in my prayers as you go through this tough time. Keeping yourself busy is a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete