- Hideous fabric print
- Super dense fabric had to resort to using pattern weights
- Sewed, topstitched and edged stitched collar only realizing after the last stitch that the collar was not on properly had also clipped and trimmed the seam. Picking all that out was super fun
- Picked all major seams apart at least once...most way more than that
- Placed the front edge along the salvage knowning the 5/8" seam would take care of it..wrong, some seams are 3/8"...the front edge was of the 3/8" variety
- I cut the wrong size front and it was too tight across the front shoulder so had to stitch a 1/4" sleeve seam to get a little extra room
- The bust dart on the pattern is about 1" above the apex of the bust
- The DD dart is humongous
- The sleeve would fit Godzillas arms with room to spare not to mention there ain't that much easing the world to fit the sleeve into the armhole
I could go on but I think you get the picture. So here's my review of the pattern
- I need to make a wide back adjustments (about 2")
- I was able to solve the twisted sleeve mystery...my wide upper back was pulling my sleeve for extra fabric resulting in that horrible twisting
- My upper body is 1" longer than patterns
- Because I have forward shoulders, my shoulders are really flat on the back and pointed on the front. I used my inner Sinatra and "did it my way!" Now I have a sleeve pattern to use as a guide
- Somewhere along the way I've acquired some of the patience of Job because I should have trashed that project midway. I'm sure I will now. It's just plain ugly!
I'm going to use what I learned with this disaster to make a really cute blouse tomorrow!