Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

First finished project for 2009


Well I finished my first knit garment of the new year and before the end of the month. Whoo hooo! I absolutely love it. The only problem is that it is a design I charted myself and while the fit is wonderful...I'm not exactly sure what I did with my schematic and instructions! Yikes! I want to make it again. Going to have to make an all out search. I also have to find the perfect button/fastener to top it off with.

Yesterday I was very productive. While finishing the lace duster, I thought I would get some sewing done but instead I decided to transfer some sewing and exercise videos to DVD with the video to DVD recorder I got for Christmas. I had sewing videos I didn't even know I had. In between running up and down the basement stairs no less than 25 times, while recording, I knit a couple of swatches on the Passap DM80. I have a KAL going on my Passap list so need to get a red sweater knit by Valentine's day. I'm on a natural fiber kick so the swatches were knit with 3 strands of 14/2 cotton. Incidently the lace duster was knit with 2 strands of 14/2 cotton on the Studio 700 punchardcard with LC2 lace carriage. Here's a couple of pictures of me at my Passap E6000 knitting machine and a better view of my totally trashed craft room!


3 comments:

  1. Look at you! You've got knitting machines lined up and lit up!!! Congratulations on your first FO for 2009. It looks great. I love the lace at the bottom. One of these days I'm going to knit a duster. I plan to get a KAL going too. They are fun. Where's yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monique my KAL is on the Passap machine. If you get a KAL going you have got to let me know because I want in. Maybe we should do a lace KAL together. I think I'm going to knit another lace duster in red. BTW I did find the schematic I knit from. Just need to make one minor adjustment.

    As far as having my machines lined up and lit up if you remember I have six machines up. All are well lit because my 51 year old eyes just ain't what they used to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful garment, nice work!

    ReplyDelete