I just finished celebrating my birthday weekend and it was fabulous! Not that I did anything special but just being alive to celebrate one more birthday was a blessing in itself. I ate too much, drank to much and was totally selfish the entire time. It was all about me, me, me! In case your wondering it was birthday number 56. That's right and if I say so myself, I do look marvelous. I did receive several JoAnn's gift cards that are just burning a hole in my wallet...LOL.
I'm still in throes of putting the house back together after the bedroom project but it's ongoing. I work on it a little everyday. I can actually see the floor in my sewing room and am able to brave it without risking life or limb. The top of my cutting surface is a whole other matter! Add to that the top of the ironing board, and my sewing cabinet and I know I still have a way to go. I hope to have it at least work worthy by the end of the day because I've purged quite a few pairs of panties and need more desperately. I'd also like to make a few more summer garments to make up for the time I've been away from the machine.
I absolutely have got to get things in order because I will be teaching a machine knitting workshop in Minnesota in October and I haven't knit anything in so long I have got to get some new garments made and brush up on some techniques. I've been buying sewing patterns that will lend themselves well to my "cut and sew" technique so expect to see some of that in the coming weeks.
Now on to my Monday Musings...
- If I hear "at the end of the day" one more time, I'm going to kill something!
- My cell phone was MIA for a few days including my birthday (Friday).
- Now it has too many messages to listen to.
- Haven't let my husband know what else he got me for my birthday.
- Remember the camera?
- Found two Red Lobster gift cards I got as a wedding gift almost 4 years ago.
- Checked online.
- They're still good for the full amount!
- I want to make a shift dress.
- Vintage fabric here I come.
- Came in first place in one of my golf leagues.
- I need a bedroom lamp.
- I'm developing "trigger finger."
- I haven't spend one day out on my deck this summer.
- Bowling season starts in another week!
- I have touched my violin since I started the bedroom project.
- My violin instructor is going to kill me in September.
- What to cook for dinner?