Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I should be finished but...

I'd like to thank all of my followers and especially those that leave comments. I appreciate you and don't think I thank you all often enough.
I'm still working on Vogue 8685. I should be finished but now that the side seams are sewn, I've decided it probably needs a lining. Gosh I can be so flighty sometimes. I decided to underline the bodice (ITY knit) because the it is lighter weight than the skirt (ponte).

After I tried it on I decide that I probably should line the skirt too. On the one hand I might not to have a control garment if I lined it but on the other hand it might be quite warm in warmer weather. Hmmm. What do you think?

Like the previous version I omitted the zipper as it's easy to get on and off without one. It's coming out just as envisioned and if I must say so myself I do look HOT in it. How do I know? The husband was giving me goo-goo eyes when I tried it on. He wasn't feeling it at all when I had it pinned to my dressform. He doesn't quite have the vision he thinks he does.


When paired with these shoes...WOW! My husband says these are stripper shoes but agreed that they look great with the dress. Hey strippers need love too! I'm flattered that he thinks I look good enough to be a stripper. LOL. I just have to make sure to stay off my feet the day before I wear them so that they don't bother my knee. Gotta go now and figure out how to go about inserting the lining.

Y'all come back now...ya hear!

3 comments:

  1. Hey now - I am all about those shoes. That will be a fabulous pairing with your dress for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be so HOT! Love the shoes! Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shoes and the upcoming dress. You are going to look very BAM in it too.

    ReplyDelete