I didn't even know I was in the market for a new sewing machine. My plan was to take this one to the grave with me. I paid close to $4000 for it back in 2001 and quite frankly I was more than happy with it until yesterday. While trying to do some embroidery for a paying customer, I found out that part of the embroidery function is inoperative as it either uses a hard embroidery card or a 3 1/2" floppy. Can you say "extinct".
After I called the local service center and was told that it could be repaired "if" some repair parts could be located. I quickly changed gears and at hubby's suggestion, traded up to this one.
It has the built-in Disney designs that will be too cute for things for the granddaughter. It also has a USB port for use of a memory stick and can be hooked directly to the computer. Yippee!
So am I using my new acquistion...no. This was my sewing closet this morning
This is what it looks like now
Nearly everything had to be cleared out to make room for some plumbing repairs! This is a good time for me to peruse the manual and to devise a plan of action for future sewing projects.