I can't believe it has been two weeks since I last posted. The LBD contest is over and although I didn't win I did get a great dress out of it. I'm still losing weight but the my duct tape dressform hasn't lost an ounce. The LBD wouldn't fit no matter how much I tried to stretch it onto her so dressform surgery was in order.
She had already suffered an amputation as a result of a sewing room accident but this surgery required much more finesse.
Instead of just whacking off her arm, I had to remove the tape that was holding her together down the center back. Then removed some of her padding.
With the husband's help we overlapped her center back more and taped her back together. The surgery only took about 20 minutes and was for the most part successful.
There was some minor complaining about the non-matching duct tape but then again the cover will rectify that.
The cover also had to be taken in. Hot water laundering it didn't work!
Here she is styling my LBD. Her boobs are bigger than mine but only so much surgery can be done in one day! After another 10 lbs. I hope to talk the husband into making a new dressform from scratch!