Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Black Martha

My mother called this morning and asked what I was doing. I told her I was making fresh banana bread for my husband as well as canning some jalapenos.  She commented rather earnestly, "you're the black Martha Stewart!" Coming from my mom it was a major compliment. I wonder if she expects me to wind up in jail too?? As you can see I had to shell my own pecans. Talk about cooking from scratch!

 
 The husband couldn't wait for the bread to cool so that he could dig in and enjoy it with his coffeee!

Next up was the canning.

I imagine I could buy these in the store but I wanted to do my own. My mom didn't even know I knew how to can. Guess she forgot that my uncle's wife taught me about 15 years ago. Does anybody can any more?? Did you notice the gloves.



They taste great already. Just imagine 5-6 more weeks!
I did finish my McCalls blouse 6122 but will say that for tomorrow. From this point all you all can refer to me as Mrs. Stewart!

14 comments:

  1. Do you get her money too? *LOL* Seriously that's awesome! I learned to can from my grandmother and probably if pressed could do it again but no haven't done that lately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright Mrs. Stewart. I love banana bread. I make mine with apples. I've never canned before but have always wanted to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Martha, Go Martha! lol.

    Smart to wear those gloves with all those seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ms. Martha...I absolutely love Jalapenos, fresh, pickled, canned any way and those sure look really, really good! Are really good in a great pot of collards too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I still can. In fact, I put up tomatoes, pickles and some peaches this year. I also made wild grape and peach jelly. I may have been born in the wrong generation. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bread is my weakness and hot bread OMG....Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH my gosh they are beautiful..Can food be beautiful!!!!!can you share the recipe for the peppers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Canning. Banana Bread...I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like I can smell that banana bread too!! Wishful thinking I guess. It all looks great. We are jalepeno lovers over here too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwwwwwww right Martha !!! Um I love me some peppers. and the bread ! Awww, I'm hungry now !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the bread. It looks delish! Count me in as another canner. I don't do a lot of it, but I do enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you are beyond Ms Stewart, I mean can she ride hard on a motor bike and make a dress that looks gorgeous?

    That bread looks great! and the gloves were a great idea for those peppers. :D

    ReplyDelete