I really like the ruffle on this blouse. I made a narrow rolled hem on the edge and it came out perfectly!
The shot above shows the detail of the fabric. It's a loose weave with silver highlights throughout.
A few tips for sewing the perfect white blouse:
- Wipe down your cutting surface before placing fabric to be cut
- Make sure that your interfacing is white. If you use a cream color interfacing the interfaced areas will appear yellow
- Remove your make-up before sewing! If you touch your face you won't have to worry about soiling your garment
- Wash your hands before each sewing session. Clean under your nails also.You'd be amazed at what you might get on your hands.
- If you leave your sewing area for any reason, wash your hands before you return to sewing your blouse.
- Make sure the bottom of your iron is clean as well as your iron board.