Pages

Monday, March 25, 2019

SWAP...Sewing With A Plan


I finally got my husband to take some photos of the three core pieces for my SWAP. It was like trying to obtain Plutonium, so please don't judge my posing! You'll get the gist of where I'm trying to go with this.



The jacket is from Simplicity 4273 copyright 2006, the skirt is Simplicity 1760 copyright 2012. Both patterns are out of print. The pants are from a RTW pair that I copied using the "paper tape" method. The pattern is from 2010. Why try reinventing the wheel when I knew that I was back to my 2010 size! My only regret is that the fabric is some ratty polyester gabardine from JoAnn's that's been in my stash forever! Not only am I sewing with a plan...I'm also trying to create this entire wardrobe from my stash. 

The three pieces passed the husband test. He asked it I made it. He  thinks he's on the board of the Fashion Police so if he likes it that means a lot. What are you thoughts so far?


13 comments:

  1. You look great and so does your outfit! Glad you are back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your SWAP core pieces look fantastic and you wear them well. Can't wait to see the rest of your SWAP pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks summer. I really excited about my SWAP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your pieces! Your husband sounds like mine, somehow he has got it in his head that he is ny fashion stylist, always trying to give me advice, lol. Then, tells me, "It's because I have been around you all this time, I have a learned a thing or two about fashion". Oh, really now, LOL!!! But, I have to admit, he does have a great eye for fashion, most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much. Although I hate to admit it my husband has a good eye and I like his male perspective. After watching that movie about the garment district about 10 times he tells me he was a cutter! One of his favorite things is to try and figure out what pattern company I used. He's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done and welcome back again!!! CONGRATS on your weight lose!!! FIESTA ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect pieces - and what a great fit on those pants. love that description of your husband on the fashion police :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much. I'm going to stop trying to invent the wheel and just keep using this same pants pattern/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking great, Rochelle. It does say a lot when close family gives the seal of approval. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. Your pieces look great. I think you did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete