Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

V8724

Pattern Description:
Very easy Misses' close-fitting dress in two lengths with overlapping front pleats and custom-fit cup sizes
Pattern Sizing:
6-20 I made the size 20
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
It looks exactly like the envelope only problem is you can't see any detail with the fabric I chose!


Were the instructions easy to follow?
Super easy
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I think this pattern would look good on all shapes and sizes. I especially like that the back has princess seams allowing more opportunities for alterations if needed.
Fabric Used:
Matte Jersey from my local Walmart
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I didn't make any changes on the pattern...but I should have. This is the second garment I've made recently and didn't consult Pattern Review first...mistake. You absolutely must add the the front armhole shaping. As it is I only sewed 1/4" seam. It's not just the way I'm holding my arm that is showing so much underarm skin. Don't make the mistake I made. Next time I will add 1/2"-3/4" at the front armhole shaping.


I cut the D cup and while looking at the dart I thought of converting it to gathers but didn't...that too was a mistake. The dart is so deep that I had to sew the dart much higher to get some of the point out of it. No amount of steam helped. I did have some gaping at the center front and decided to sew it down because I didn't want any cleavage showing. I used Steam-A-Seam on the hem and then topstitched with a double needle.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I'll sew it again and would recommend it to others.
Conclusion:
I sewed the majority of this dress on my serger and estimate that my actual sewing time was a little less than an hour. You can't beat that.
(My photographer insisted on taking my pictures as I was trying to get out the door to work!)

12 comments:

  1. I'll see your one dress to Michigan and raise you one dress to Florida. ;-) I love this! It looks great on you and is now on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress looks great! I might have to take a look at that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress looks fantastic - I love that gorgeous jungle flower print! I have got this patttern so your tips about making it will be very useful - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great print! It worked up into a beautiful dress, and I love the shoes you've paired it with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am impressed that you sewed that dress in an hour! And that you found such pretty fabric at WalMart! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its beautiful and you are totally rocking it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a beautiful dress!! I love your fabric too...wish Walmart sold fabric here!!! Looks like you're ready for a fun night on the town, not work! Great job!! (Love, love, love the shoes!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, dress and beautiful fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dress, love the fabric(gotta love Walmart for that!!!) and the sexy mama wearing it is giving that dress a really good workout. I don't have to tell you, cause you already know, I love the shoes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty dress! Love that fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You look eyecatchingly stunning!

    ReplyDelete