Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

A little bit of everything

I live in a rural community right outside of the city and I love it. We own quite a bit of property and I really love not having neighbors to bother me. I'm at a point in my life where I really enjoy the quiet. This is what I woke up to in my front yard this morning.



It is not at all unusual. I'd venture to say that you don't see much of this in the city. We have a small swing set in our back yard and yesterday I saw both a huge black bird and a small rabbit make an attempt to walk up the slide only to wind up back at the bottom. Very entertaining to say the least.
The class I taught at JoAnn's yesterday went well. It was also 1/2 on  classes day. I usually sit in the front of the store sewing and promoting my sewing classes. It was a good day and I expect to be really busy over the next couple of months.
Don't you love it when you dig something out of your closet from a couple of season ago and
  1. it still fits.
  2. it still looks good on you.
  3. it's still in style.
That's what happened to me this morning. This dress is from 2009 and is still one of my favorites. I got the fabric at Walmart and only paid $1.50 a yard. Not too bad for a $3 dress. The cropped sweater came from Dots for $12. I wore this to church but of course I had shoes on!



My mojo is working overtime so expect quite a few posts this month with lots of pictures!

12 comments:

  1. This is lovely! (You and the view!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waking up to a cute little deer outside your window is amazing! I love nature and I also love the quiet. I can't believe that you only paid $3 to make that dress! Wow! You teach sewing classes? You must really be good. I wish I lived near you because I would take one of your classes. I have always wanted to learn to sew. I found a great dress at a vintage store that is about 2 inches too small for me in the waist. It is pleated around the waist and I saw a You Tube tutorial on how easy it is to take a couple of pleats out to increase the size but I am too scared to try. I will have to just take it to a tailor. $ $ $ I'm sure. Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oldies but goodies are always nice to go back to. I can see why it's one of your favorite dresses:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress does still look current and it looks good on you. Can't believe there are $3 worth of fabric in it - wow! Love the picture of the deer. What a great place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! It does still look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you, this is still really cute and stylish! Can't wait to see what you're working on too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I'm following your lead. I bought Vouge 1179 today because I was so inspired by yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit. It would have been so funny to see a bunny trying to go up the slide! I love the quiet of nature too. What a nice image to wake up to this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you love when you can pull out an oldie and it still look good and wear well. It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this one too. You have been doing so well lately with your dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dress looks brand new and you look gorgeous in it. Work it, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are an amazing seamstress!! Like you, I live in the country and see deer in my yard a lot! Love that view! Keep sewing - you have wonderful ideas and you have inspired me! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete