Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

I have new panties -- Kwik Sew 2908

Kwik Sew 2908
Pattern Description:
Misses Panties
Pattern Sizing:
XS-XL
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Hard to say because the pattern envelope only has drawings. I sewed view B and while the pattern envelope gives the impressions of bikinis but they are more like high cut briefs. They are not as high as my navel.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
The instructions were easy enough but it took me a minute to wrap my mind around how to sew the crotch lining
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I started out with Kwik Sew 2100. Even after altering them some they were HUGE. The sizing is WAY off.

Fabric Used:
Leftover Matte Jersey from previous projects
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
According to my hip measurement I should wear an XL. I compared a favorite pair to the sizes on the printed sheet and decided to cut a Small instead and added 1" to the front width. That alterations was spot on. I also decided to cut the crotch piece separate and attach as instructed for KS2100. I've not very fond of the loose crotch lining in the front. I also narrowed the crotch piece by 1." As it was it was much too wide.


I guess I wasn't paying attention and cut my elastic the lengths suggested for View D. Although it was for the wrong view, I liked the fit and will continue to use the elastic measurements from that view.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Ocne I figured out the size, I made three pairs. I'm impressed because they are very comfortable.
Conclusion:
I honestly don't think I'll ever buy panties again. Why would I? It only took me about 40 minutes to make a pair for a fraction of the $8 a pair that I usually pay. I have enough left over Matte Jersey from previous projects to keep me in panties for years albeit quite a few will be made from the same fabric and I don't have a problem with that.




8 comments:

  1. Cute undergarments! But that's where I draw the line with sewing! I'd rather purchase them, but who knows, that could change if can't find what I like! Nice to know we can have this option! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not as high a your navel - well that qualifies them as not being "granny panties" - a good thing. I like them and have visions of making some, but haven't gotten around to it as of yet. Yours are cute, and I know darned well they will last longer than the $8 ones from the store. Some times I think they are made with melt away thread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you made panties! Cool! I need to make some now... I hate shopping for under garments! Lovely fabric btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you and am glad I gave you that push!!! They turned out great and I love mine, and as I said before I think they are more comfy than the ones in the store. If you want to add more pazzazz to your undies, go to sewsassy.com. She carries lace and elastic trims to dress your underwear up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That is pretty impressive. I wish I had learned to sew. It is a lot of work. You figure 40 minutes per pair.. it would take you a couple of days to make enough to keep you a good supply. It is so worth it being that they are much more comfortable than the ones you buy in the store. They look great! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that you have the panties does this mean that the next thing on your list to make are bras? Cause you know how much those cost...and there's not much cloth that used in them. Somebody's making a killing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great! KS 2908 is my go-to pattern for panties too, with the same crotch sewing and narrowing alterations as you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Look at-chu! I'm impressed! I'd buy all of these panties in a heartbeat! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete