Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday Musings

  • Today I'm working on finishing up Butterick 5638. I was nearly finished when I decided it absolutely needed a lining. I've got it cut and ready for stitching.
  • I think I'm going to try cutting out several different patterns today. I usually only cut out a new garment after I've finished the previous one.
  • I absolutely must make more panties this week. I am in love with the ones I've made and have been wearing nothing else.
  • I can tell when my husband loves the outfit I'm wearing. He insists on taking my picture.
  • Wish he'd actually learn how to take better pictures.
  • This outfit is from Summer 2009 and it still fits...Yippeee!
  • Why are there over a dozen pairs of shoes in my sewing room?
  • Want to know what frustration is? How about preparing your fabric, laying it out on the cutting table, envisioning how absolutely gorgeous you'll look when you finish the garment only to realize the pattern pieces aren't in the envelope! WTH. Have to wait until patterns are on sale because I refuse to pay full price.
  • I teach sewing classes at JoAnns and while I love it, I wished they would allot more time to finish garments. Two classes three hours each is not enough time to finish a Cynthia Rowley dress if you don't have any real sewing experience. I don't get to pick the patterns for my classes!
  • It seems I haven't sewn a pair of slacks in forever! Need to remedy that soon.
  • Don't you hate it when you put something away to make sure that you can find it when you need it only to realize you've forgotten where you put it...the cable that works for two of my digital cameras!
  • Oops. Found it. I moved it and didn't replace it.
  • I have to get my teeth cleaned tomorrow. How exciting :{

9 comments:

  1. Great looking outfit. I just put away several pairs of shoes. Tee Hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look super in that outfit! I love that top! I think white pants just speak SUMMER! So many of your musings sound like some that I could have written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha - loved your musings. So why ARE there over a dozen pairs of shoes in your sewing room? I can't sew barefoot, not with the hazards waiting on my floor that is WAY overdue for a vacuuming.

    I'm with you on the panties - mine are even cut out and waiting but I can't seem to make myself sew them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous outfit! I'm planning on wearing white pants this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the outfit. Could you share the pattern details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love your Monday musings, but I have to ask what panties pattern do you use? I would like to try those since I have been making bras. BTW I think your husband is a better photographer than mine...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Opps just found that post, missed it, Kwik sew 2908. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this outfit. What a great top and those pants fit you perfectly! Kiah

    ReplyDelete