Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

McCalls 6752 View B

Today I got my out tripod and took a few photos of this dress I made a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't sleep one morning so I got up at 4 a.m. and sewed. I think it was well worth the lost sleep!


Pattern Description: Pullover tops and dresses have neckline variations and elasticized (seamed) waist

Pattern Sizing: 6-22 I sewed the size 20

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? I think so.

Were the instructions easy to follow? This is the second time I've used this pattern. The first time I made view D. This review is for view B. I didn't use the instructions at all. I sewed this dress in a little under an hour.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I really like draped necklines and love this one because it was not cut on the bias and is not so low that I'd flash lots of cleavage. Other than the pattern being super short...I have no dislikes.

Fabric Used: I used an ITY border print from Fabric.com

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: When I sewed view D, I made an FBA that I didn't need. This time the only alteration I made was to add 5" to the skirt length and I narrowed the hem about 4".

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Would I sew it again? Are you kidding me? In a heartbeat. There will be several more versions of this in my wardrobe before I'm finally finished with it.

Conclusion: Bound to be one of the best patters of 2013.

5 comments: