Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award

Michelle over at Cheap and Picky nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger award.


She is truly a cyber friend and we have so much in common:
  • Our names rhyme
  • Share the same birthday
  • Share similar fit issues
  • Are both frugal
  • Share some OCD tendencies
  • Like the same styles and often use the same patterns
  • We're both without children by our own choosing
So the rules are that I have to tell you 10 things about me that you would never guess, and then nominate 5 friends.
First the five friends
  1. Lisa at SewOn and SewOn
  2. Reethi at Weekend Crafting
  3. NuJoi at Seams Enjoiable
  4. Elaray at Another Creation
  5. Christy at Christy Sews
Now the 10 things
  1. I play the violin in a community orchestra.
  2. I used to be a competitive roller skater and still have quite a few moves!
  3. I worked for 32 years in the automotive industry. I retired and now work at an auto auction.
  4. I'm a breast cancer survivor along with my mother and aunt but I don't have the cancer gene...hmmm.
  5. I'm an avid bowler and bowled a sanctioned 300 (a perfect game) on October 3, 1998. I have the ring to prove it!
  6. I love watching and attending rodeos.
  7. I like watching westerns. My favorite modern day western is Open Range with Robert Duvall.
  8. I like old movies. My favorites include Imitation of Life, To Kill a Mocking Bird, Mildred Pierce, Hush Hust Sweet Charlotte, and 12 Angry Men. I'm noticing a pattern here. Maybe I just like black and white movies!
  9. I have a tattoo on my lower back! Yeah I know...kinda skanky, but so am I!
  10. I'm a hoarder of original packaging. If I buy something, especially something in a large box, I tend to hang on to the box much longer than is normal! I still have the box to a sewing machine I purchased over 20 years ago and haven't had the machine for eight!

8 comments:

  1. Okay I love old movies too - with Imitation of Life and Mildred Pierce in my Top 10. Have you ever seen Lana Turner in Madame X? Besides the fabulous wardrobe the end ALWAYS makes me cry! And I've seen that movie more than a dozen times!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn I've never seen Madame X. I'll have to check Turner Classic Movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always nice to know more about you! Nice award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a fun post to read. A late congratulations to you on your one year anniversary! P.S. Your last yellow jacket turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are more alike than even I knew! Ask my husband about the basement full of original packaging!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for nominating me. It good to know more about you. I like those old movies too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is cook info. Bowling a perfect scorce is fanstastic. I use to bowl a lot when I was a kid, my mother and father were avid bowlers. Love old movies, also-as Carolyn suggested you have to watch MadameX

    ReplyDelete