I'm on a roll and have made amazing progress on my jacket.
Now that I have the sleeves on the and side seams actually sewn, the pockets don't look so bad after all. I've got most of the lining sewn and as I always do, I added some decorative stitching to it. The lining fabric is crepe back satin.
I am going to make bound buttonholes. Here's my practice one.
It's not perfect because I forgot to add interfacing to my "garment" fabric. The fabric I'm using for the buttonholes is some leftover wool crepe from my stash. The buttons are from my stash. Don't know how long I've had them but they were marked with a .25 clearance tag...oh yeah!