Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

A little bit of everything

I haven't posted in a while but there hasn't been a lot of sewing going on around my way and my computer has been acting up. It just burns me up that some people have nothing better to do than to create viruses to unleash on us poor unsuspecting souls. The only sewing I've done this month has been another pair of slacks from my TNT Simplicity 2860 pattern. I think they are made out of a tropical weight wool. Not quite what I'll be wearing this summer but they were on my list. This morning I cut out McCalls 5815. It was all the rage last year...what can I say...I'm behind. I spent quite a bit of time altering the pattern and will be taking it with me in the RV up north when we leave tomorrow. I just love sewing in the RV. It will probably be too hot and humid to do much else!

Before I live tomorrow I have to clean up this mess...

 

...smack-dab in the middle of my dining room. I'm still scrapbooking my wedding photos and it's never-ending. The table has looked like that for over a week and it's driving me crazy. If you all recall I had to downsize to a much small craft room when I got married and I've just recently taken up scrapbooking. The husband is dragging his feet about finishing up my much larger craft room. Maybe if he has to look at this long enough he'll get inspired. On the other hand it's driving me nuts and I'm cleaning it up tonight!




I started out making the pages 8 x 8 but have since gotten my nerve up to go 12 x 12. So far I'm loving it.

On the health front I am still gaining weight...35lbs as a matter of fact. I can't fit a thing I made this time last year. The PA in my doctor's office thought it might be my thyroid. After the tests came back negative she said I just needed to go to Weight Watchers! I wasn't happy about that and didn't go. About a week later I mentioned that I thought I might have a thyroid issue to my oncologist. He immediately set up an appointment for an ultrasound of my thyroid. Guess what? I do have a thyroid issue...hypothyroidism as a matter of fact. Take that, you mean ol' PA. Seems the radiation not only zapped it but I have cysts on it as well! Yikes! I've said it before and I'll say it again, "the cure for breast cancer may be what actually kills you!" If you get a chance Google hypothyroidism. It's really an eyeopener. I've been on Synthroid for only a couple of days but I feel better already. My joints aren't aching and I already seem to have more energy. I'm hoping that I won't have any more issues and today I did join Weight Watchers for a 20 week program. We'll see how that goes. Hope everybody has a great weekend.

8 comments:

  1. Hey Lady, good to hear from you! No problem about the sewing, you seem to be making great strides in your scrapbooking. I'm happy you're on your way to feeling alot better. It's so good that you pushed the issue about your thyroid and listened to your body. Some people can be so insensitve! Well have fun traveling and sewing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you persisted and found out about your thyroid problem. My co-worker is all gun-ho about Weight Watchers and I've been very tempted to join, let me know how it goes we could be diet buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So your doctor's PA has med training? Glad you sought a second opinion. Hope your health improves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya, I hope you really do get your thyroid issue under control. You have so much living to do, who needs this now! I look forward to seeing your new outfits this summer. Do enjoy your trip, and have a safe and wonderful time!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your health issues go away soon! The scrap booking seems very pretty.... Now I feel like I should do something like that for my hubby as a wedding gift! I am looking forward to see your sewing projects! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uuugg viruses! We've all been there. Sorry to hear it. Hey listen, you'll make that pattern all the rage this year. Your scrapping looks great. All that stuff on the table...one thing I love about digi scrapping.
    "the cure for cancer may be what actually kills you!" Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you found out what was going on! Your scrapping looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy you found out what is going on with you and that you start to feel better. Now, I have to find a pants pattern that fits me!! Never had luck with those. Have a nice trip.

    ReplyDelete