Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

A Risque Golf Dress


Although the golf season is fast coming to a close I've always wanted to try McCall's 6348 as a golf dress. It's a little bit risque but that will distract other golfers when I'm playing badly! I worked on the pattern alterations earlier this summer. They included enlarging the bust dart, adding 1" to the side seams, 3/4" to back princess seams, raising the armhole 1" and adding 3" to the length (should have been 5"). It was another major pattern hack.



Of course it needs pressing but this is where I am now. I omitted the back zipper. If this weren't going to be an athletic dress the fit would be fine. I'd put on some major shapewear and be on my way...but it's not. I should have cut it to be more A-line as athletic dresses usually are. So now what? All of my hard work will not be for naught.


The fabric is from FabricMart and is what men's athletic shorts are made of. I'm going to figure out some kind of gusset to add the extra width I need. Or maybe I should add a "tuxedo-like" stripe of contrasting color. What do you think?

11 comments:

  1. Add the tuxedo stripe! That will look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you are going to get a lot of attention of the golf course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah, add the stripe... It'll make it look really sporty AND sexy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm for the strip depending on the color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stripe will add a sporty look! I luv your golf pieces!!!!!!! I have this dress as well (twice). Make sure you stitch the top piece down over the bust area near the armholes because this has a tennancy to FLAP open (not gap open) when you bend over. SAXAAAY!!!! (that's better than sexy!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! Incredible. Think about what I said. People want to have your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you gonna look great playing golf!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tuxedo stripe all the way. It'll look terrific on you, and everybody will be so distracted looking at how gorgeous you look, that you'll win the game.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd like to invite you to participate in the Around the World Blog Hop. If you're interested, I'll connect on PR to give more details.

    ReplyDelete