Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

One hour golf dress - McCalls 6395

I decided late last night that I needed something new to wear for golf today. Although it was only 10 p.m. I couldn't keep my eyes open and had to retire for the night. Luckily I did have some fabrics in mind. Fast forward to 7 a.m. this morning. Waiting until the last minute to sew necessitates using a pattern that has already been altered. I chose McCalls 6395 (sadly OOP) and retrieved the fabrics from my stash .

I originally used this pattern for another golf dress back in 2012.

Pattern Description:
Semi-fitted through bust and hip. Loose-fitting waist. Self-lined sleeves
Pattern Sizing:
8-24W
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes. Like View C without the collar.


Were the instructions easy to follow?
I never even touched the instructions
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like the styling and didn't have any dislikes
Fabric Used:
The houndstooth is a very high quality Ponte de Roma while the back is some el-cheapo Ponte from JoAnn's
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I made an FBA and transferred them to waist darts.  I added 1" to the bodice length and side seams and  2 1/4" to the skirt length. I also omitted the sleeve lining, pockets and back zipper. Not only did I not have the time I probably didn't have enough of the houndstooth or a matching zipper. I added a length of foldover elastic to hold golf tees. I add this little touch to all of my golf wear.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Duh...yes! The question should be how many more times am I going to use it.
Conclusion:
Winner, winner


Diva that I am, I matched them up with this pair of golf shoes! If I must say so myself...I was stylin'. I'd also like to say that I am so thankful that I have been blessed with a stash of fabric and the skills to translate that into a super cute and comfortable garment!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, love this and those shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you looked awesome on the golf course today! Love the entire outfit but especially the golf tees holder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the t's, makes it FIESTA :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that ' ll work! Love the color blocking with the hounds tooth. A sure winnre!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute dress and like the coordinating shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this.Just love it. The shoes are terrific, you are one sharp looking golfer. I have never considered golf dresses before and they would be so much more comfortable than tops and shorts to golf in when the weather is hot - you have opened up a whole new world to me for my own golf wardrobe. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete