Pages

I love to sew

I love to sew

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Barbie OOTD

I've wanted to make doll clothes for quite some time. Another blogger recently did and it finally pushed me over the edge. I have tons of Barbie's. People find out I like them and lo and behold more are gifted to me than I really want. I dug out a few and have been having a great time making them new outfits.


Here Barbie is wearing a "moto" style, cut-on short sleeved jacket. It's paired with a houndstooth ponte skinny pant and mid-calf boots. She also added "statement" earrings for a pop of color. LOL. Actually the "jacket" is a top worn backward. Both pieces are from Simplicity 1046. The pattern is dated 1990 so I'm sure it's OOP. Stay tuned. I'll be featuring a different garment everyday this week.

7 comments:

  1. This is so kewl!!! Can't wait to see tomorrow's outfit cause you know I love me some Barbie too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! Must make a Barbie moto jacket next. I'm sad that pattern is OOP. I've been on the hunt for a good pants pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to know big girls are still loving Barbie--I haven't made clothes for mine--yet. When I grew up, Black Barbies were like the Mecca. Can't wait to see the rest of the fashion show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAAAAAAA!!! I used to teach sewing and made doll clothes to help a student who had the interest. I don't make them anymore but I did manage to make that Barbie dress that my mother would never buy! LOL!!! Great Post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lucky Barbie to have the queen of style creating a wardrobe for her!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGoodness, look at you. I'm impressed. Virginia, my mother, use to make our doll clothes! Very stylish Barbie you have!

    ReplyDelete