Pages

I love to sew

I love to sew

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Mission Accomplished

I finally rescued Butterick 5554 and can now move on to my next project. I still can't believe I disassembled the entire dress after making the necessary alterations and sewed it back together. I guess I have more patience than I thought. I did learn a valuable lesson about proportion and will now incorporate that when altering princess seam tops and dresses.


 

The dress is still a little conservative but it's oh so comfortable. I especially like the cuffs. They added a little more interest to the dress. I don't love the this jewelry with it but I made do.

12 comments:

  1. I can see how changing the center panel made a big difference in how the dress turned out. Looks much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it looks better too and I really appreciate the learning experience. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. Yeah! I'm glad you made it work! I know you think it's conservative but I think it looks wonderful on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take your word for it because you are such the dress connoisseur.

      Delete
  3. The cuff addition was a great idea. Your determination paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is very flattering on you! Sorry you are finding it too conservative; I think it looks very attractive. I like the plaid fabric and using it for the cuffs is a great design idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Linda. I do like it enough to use the pattern again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cuffs added a wonderful design detail that made that style really you. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WELL DONE!!! Loving that plaid ;)

    ReplyDelete