Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sewing and Pattern alteration

I spent this morning putting the sleeves in a jacket that I have been trying to iron the bugs out of since mid-December. I still don't love it. I then cut out a couple of patterns that I entertained doing some fitting on. Then I smacked myself (you know that "I coulda had a V-8 " smack) for wasting more time on that which is not working for me. Finally I dragged out the pattern I've used for my favorite cut and sew garments. It's an OOP McCalls pattern, 9523.





I'm trying to figure out what it is that I like so much about this one in particular. First, it's super comfy. Mainly, I think it's that I made the front armhole extremely shorter that I ever have on any garment. I can move my arm without hiking up the entire garment! After watching the Connie Crawford fitting DVD for the millionth time, I think the only thing it really needs is to balance the front and back armholes. I'm going to make a muslim later and see if that works. If it does I would like to make a few design changes and knit it on the 950i with a yarn I hope I can locate again in my stash! I was taking a break because I thought I'd been in my craft room since before 8 a.m. but it seems that the clock down there is an hour ahead! Yikes.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up with my blog. You know I sew, but I admire people who sew and knit. I'll be checking your blog out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this jacket and I'm enjoying our blog. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete