Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Butterick 5687

Pattern Description:
Semi-fitted, lined above hipline jacket has front and back princess seams
Pattern Sizing:
8-22 I sewed a size 18 at the shoulders grading out to the size 22 at the hipline
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?


I think so except that my fabric has an "houndstooth-like" plaid design
Were the instructions easy to follow?
I'll admit this was not my first jacket "rodeo." I didn't use them at all. That's why I rated the pattern "Intermediate." Not sure how the instructions tackled the collar and lapel.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I didn't dislike anything about this pattern. I particularly like that it is above the hipline. That is a good proportion for my body. It has been in my stash for a while. I'm trying to not buy so many patterns but use ones I already own. I love a good princess seam bodice whether it be for a jacket, blouse or dress.
Fabric Used:
This fabric was from my stash. I don't remember when I got it...as a matter of fact I forgot I had it. I do know that it was from Fabric Mart and not recently!



Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I cut a 18 through the neck and shoulders grading out to a size 22 in the hip. I love how well-drafted the armhole and sleeve cap are. I also did my usual 1" FBA following the Palmer/Pletsch instructions.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I've already cut it again and have several more pieces of fabric lined up. This will be my go-to jacket pattern for a while.
Conclusion:


It's a keeper...if only my photographer were! He's my husband so I don't have much of a choice!



3 comments:

  1. The jacket looks fantastic on you. What a good job you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking jacket. I agree the pattern should be your "go to" jacket pattern.

    ReplyDelete