Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Lost Some of My Momentum but...

It's been a while. I lost some of my momentum while making the McCalls 5525 trench coat. Not having the buttons created an obstacle that was such a downer and then I lost the last page of the pattern instructions! Now I'm back on track with thanks mostly to Lynn of You sew, girl. She is such a sweet and thoughtful person and an excellent sewist. If I had a younger, sassy and beautiful sister...it would be her. She found the buttons for me and I can't thank her enough. I hope to finish the coat by the end of the week. Here is where it now stands. I just sewed the lining and facing on and it hasn't been pressed. Don't judge me!


My funk didn't stop me from sewing for my Barbies. Their wardrobe is increasing by leaps and bounds with no look of slowing up on the horizon!






9 comments:

  1. Hey lady. The trench coat is coming along nicely. And you are killin' me with the Barbies. I started sewing for Barbie at age ten. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cennetta I've been obsessed with sewing doll clothes since the end of last year. I've sewn them in the past but after a few days the dolls would be put back into the "Barbie vault" where'd they'd stay for 5-10 years! Now there are Barbies all over the house! I can't believe the husband hasn't even complained!

      Delete
  2. I look forward to your coat completion and each Barbie wardrobe addition, too. I have the pattern and a piece of fabric from Emma One Sock for my rendition. If you need a copy of the instructions, let me know....I'd be glad to send it to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the offer. I finally found the instructions and am making the final turn!

      Delete
  3. Aww, thanks sis. =) I like your coat so far. I'm still stalled on mine due to work and life stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know your coat is going to be fabulous and as soon as thing settle down for you you'll be back in the saddle! Again thanks so much for the buttons.

      Delete
  4. Your coat is coming along beautifully, you make some of the best coats! I'm glad you were able to get your buttons to finish off your coat... I can't wait to see it finished..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't be so hard on yourself! From the looks of this great start on your coat, you've done fabulously! I'm excited about seeing the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. csodálatos dolgokat készítessz. Én sajnos nem tudok varrni ilyen szinten, de már tervezem, hogy megpróbálok néhány dolgok készíteni :D

    ReplyDelete