Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Vogue 1257




This is Vogue 1257 which I made in February of 2012. It's a sweater knit from JoAnn's. I scored the cute faux suede booties recently at Payless. I've never really like the "dress-booties" look but thought it could possibly work for me with an opaque textured stocking. Love the look!

Before I get caught up in a particular trend (remember my aversion to trying maxi dresses) I like to make sure that it's still age appropriate for me. At nearly 60 years old, I don't want to be that "old lady" that is trying to hard to hold onto her youth and is only making a spectacle of herself. The hair, jewelry, and shoes could be on the verge of looking ridiculous on me. It wasn't until recently that I found out people found my style "flashy." I'd never even thought of my style that way. Edgy maybe but never flashy. Now that I do know I'm still doing me. I figure as long as I'm doing that I'm still safe! Please stop me if I get "out there" too far.



17 comments:

  1. Fantastic dress and great styling!
    -Dae

    ReplyDelete
  2. You betta werk lady!!!!!!! You look fantastic, simply fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I would like to see the "people" who said you look flashy. I have a feeling they dress with no spark at all. In every picture I've ever seen, you are not flashy, but so well put together. Remember, I wanted to take the bracelet off your wrist ;) The look you've shown in these pictures is magazine worthy. And....I am SHOCKED to hear your age. You wear it ever so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flashy? Says who? Stylish, trendy, but not flashy. I love your look--and if works for you-keep it. After all, who else can do Rachelle better than you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your was one of the first pictures I ever posted to my style inspiration board. I would just take flashy as a compliment -- as in you've still got it, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this look on you and definitely wouldn't consider your look flashy! Just like I think you're look is very age appropriate AND classy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not flashy. More like FANTASTIC. You look fabulous, booties and all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look fabulous and fun! I'm 55, just rediscovered skinny jeans - a totally new look for me but I'm lovin' it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think your looks are flashy either. Thanks for posting these photos. I just took a second look at this pattern and may have to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this look. I really want to wear booties with a dress but I am so short that I think it will make me look evern shorter. I think your style works very well for you! I enjoy seeing your garments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great and I enjoy following your blog to see how you style your outfits. Love the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are darling and I love your style and your blog. I would never have guessed your age!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE those booties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too think you look just fine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's always going to be a critic. Just do what you what makes you happy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would have never guessed your age... And knowing it does not change my opinion of your fashion sense. You look classy and stylish to me!

    ReplyDelete