Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

This and That

I, like most anybody else that has watched this video, am enthralled with The Great British Sewing Bee.



Home sewers like you and I can relate to a reality sewing competition. Not only that, we can all feel a kinship with Ann Rowley who is so active on sewing social networking. I certainly hope to be able to watch upcoming episodes and I'm rooting for Ann.

There's not much sewing going on here. I do have a blouse in the works and a bra on my sewing table but my heart isn't in it."Why?," you might ask. The answer is because next weekend I will be attending a two-day
"Fit for Real People" workshop with Janet Dapson! Janet is a trained Palmer/Pletsch fitting expert. I'm waiting until after the workshop before starting any new projects so that I can apply any new techniques I learn. The class description says - "the first day of class focuses on making a sloper from the Learn-to-Fit pattern. Based on that sloper, you will make pattern alterations to a fashion pattern. On the second day, you will construct your garment, adjusting fit where necessary as you sew."

I am so excited. If I can learn just one thing I will have gotten my monies worth. The have two fitting issues -- my shoulders and my back. It might only be one issue -- the back shoulder width. Who knows? Hopefully this time next week the mystery will be solved. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

  1. Wow - that does sound exciting - the fitting class. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you got this on your website. I have friends taping this show in the UK, so I was planning to watch it late May. So glad I don't have to wait!! Thanks
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sewing Bee was great and looking forward to seeing the other episodes. Have fun at the workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy the workshop/class so much that you are exploding with information when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took this class with Janet a few years ago and enjoyed it. She's very patient and will help you with whatever you need.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't know about the Sewing Bee! I have BBC on my direct TV so I must tune in! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never head of this but have "subcribed" to the YT videos so I can watch. Thanks for the tip and good luck at the workshop!

    ReplyDelete