Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Kickin' it Old School


Well I reached my personal goal of eight skirts in two weeks. Yippeee! This is my "Kickin' It Old School" skirt. This skirt is the real deal. Yeah, I'm talkin' "Polly and Esther." I bought the fabric at an estate sale about three years ago. When I was looking in my fabric closet it cried out to be used! I used my now TNT skirt pattern Butterick 5566 View A without the overlay.


Of course I matched the side seams


And the center back with the invisible zipper


I still want to make a navy skirt as well as a solid black one but for now I'll start looking through my pattern stash for blouse patterns to work with my new skirts!

8 comments:

  1. KMQ, you are kicking it. Love it and it can be paired with so many options. I see a sexy red turtleneck with some kicking boots in your future. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Skirt! Polly and Ester - that's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely impressed! You've expanded your wardrobe vastly by these eight wonderful additions. I can't wait to see the tops you pair with them. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 8 skirts in 2 weeks? wow! your machine is smokin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Poly and Ester can be good friends. They usually clean up well, hold their shape, and age well. Hmmmm, maybe we should all be made of polyester!!
    Beautiful job on the skirt BTW. I'm sure that Poly and Ester are quite proud to be worn by you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Polly and Esther ... hahahahaha ... you are hilarious. Great skirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the plaid. Glad you got all 8 in the 2 weeks! You are on a roll.

    ReplyDelete