Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Cardi-wrap

I've been planning to sew Simplicity 2603 since last year around this time. I'm only a year late. I really wanted my fabric to marinate before I used it! The fabric is some kind of knit of unknown origin from Walmart and probably only cost $1 a yard.


I don't think there is anything I could say about it that hasn't already been said. There are 73 reviews of the pattern on Pattern Review. It's easy and can be styled many ways.


Here's Lynn from You Sew Girl styling in it at the sewing expo. I think we both look great!

11 comments:

  1. You have taken that fabric far beyond "a $1.00 per yard".It looks absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color combination and such a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colour! Very pretty and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's on my winter sewing list. Glad to know it works so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great!! I just bought this pattern at the last Simplicity sale. I 'm a little behind everyone else, too. Your version is so fun. I love the print. Gotta love that dollar Walmart fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cardi wrap set and love the print.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely know how to work that cardi! The only way you're NOT wearing it is for pants! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's on my list, too. Looks fantastic! I like all the ways you styled it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute cardi! I made one last year with thie pattern and I need to make more this year in other colors... it's the greatest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cardigan, that color is superb! Is that something I can EASILY make..focus on the word easy. It's really cute on you.

    *Note* I'm waiting on one more participant's bookmark then they will be on there way:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, I have a question about your layout of photos. What type of software do you use?

    ReplyDelete