Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Pattern Review - B5941



Pattern Description: Butteric 5941 - Pants, top, jacket and skirts

Pattern Sizing: 6-24

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I liked that the jacket only had 5 pieces

Fabric Used: This is a blouse weight fabric of unknown origin from Walmart for only $2 a yard (You can see the horizontal line through the fabric marking the fullest part of my bust on my dress form). I wasn't sure how the fabric was going to work out. I wanted a shirt jacket. Had I known how well it was going to turn out I would have add some piping detail. I may go back to Walmart to see if I can get another piece to make the sleeveless top to wear under it although I love jackets that button high enough that I don't have to wear anything under if I don't want to.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: FBA and wide, high round back. Also added the pocket flaps (no pockets) on the front with functioning button. I also omitted 2 of the button holes. I like the look of 3 better.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes without question I will sew it again. This is going to be one of my TNT jacket patterns. I highly recommend it to others.

Conclusion: If you have this pattern and want an easy jacket try this one.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pocket detail. It really adds to the jacket. Wow--you still have a WalMart that sells fabric? I may have to make a trip to your city. None of the stores near me have fabric any longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Especially the pockets - can you tell I have pockets on the brain?

    ReplyDelete